Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Hello there!

Hello there!  This is my first blog...  It's also the beginning of my new adventure.  For the last few weeks I've been devoting hours and hours to baking in the hopes of eventually starting my own business.  I am currently
an elementary music teacher in North Carolina-and it's not that I don't enjoy my job.  Actually, I really love teaching, but things are starting to change in my life.  I just had my first child- a little girl named Mia- and the traveling (my commute is 50 minutes) and long hours added to the stress of continually preparing for the next concert has me wishing I had more time to use my creative side.  I have found that teaching music is not as creative as I wish it could be.  I'm constantly yearning for an outlet...  Hopefully one of these days I'll have the means to make that outlet my main source of income.

Anyways, hopefully this blog will be instrumental in my new adventure.  Right now I'm playing with cake decorating, baking, and party planning.  I'm not sure how well any of those things will translate into opening my own business, but here's hoping!!!

So far I've decorated three cakes... (I know, I'm not very practiced).  I've also been playing around with lots of different recipes for cakes and cupcakes (my waistline is NOT thanking me for that), and I'm currently planning a joint birthday party for my husband and daughter (WAY in advance, I have 10 months!).

Wish me luck!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment