Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Some of my past work

So, everyone needs a starting point, right?  Here's mine:

a baby shower I threw for a friend...  "How sweet it is..."   

Wish I had more pics to show you of it, but we didn't think to take many pictures beforehand, and I didn't want to put pics of people I didn't really know in the blog.  We used lots of tissue paper pom-poms, lanterns (some wrapped in cellophane to look like candy) and we had cupcakes with fondant candy on the top.  It was very cute.

My sister's "surprise" birthday cake.  The fondant slouched a little, but after a three hour car ride (in my brother's lap) what can you expect? My favorite part?  Check it out:







My nephew's birthday cake.  My mom made the Elmo (but I take full responsibility for the eyes....  my bad!) This was really my first try with fondant.  I colored most of it, but the red fondant was so difficult to match that I gave up and bought it.  We bought the Duff Goldman fondant, which tasted YUMMY (buttercream flavored), but it was a little difficult to work with.  Oh well.


a simple chocolate wrap (German Chocolate Cake) for my brother-in-law's birthday



My very first cake (in buttercream).  

At this point I have to admit that my partner in crime is my mother.  She's been making cakes since before it was trendy (all of my birthday cakes were here original creations).  We've both been learning about fondant together, though, since she never used that stuff before.

Our neighborhood is having a block party this weekend, and I'm making cupcakes, so keep an eye out for those!

No comments:

Post a Comment