Sunday, September 19, 2010

Wonky Cake

Today I worked on my first wonky cake.  I really enjoyed working on it, but it's a good thing it was only for practice- not for anyone in particular.  As we speak I'm waiting for the top tier to fall off...

Guess it turned out a little too wonky, but I did learn some new fun things!  Firstly, I learned I'm pretty good at covering square cakes with fondant.  That turned out to be no problem.  Unfortunately, I also learned that you absolutely cannot roll the fondant too thin, because that leads to some rips...  Also, I learned that gumpaste is FRAGILE!!!  All in all, I'm feeling pretty good about my first try with gumpaste and carving cakes!  It was lots of fun, and I'm already looking ahead to the next cake I want to do... :)


1 comment:

  1. It's looking good for a first attempt. Wonky cakes are not exactly the easiest thing to do! Well done.

    ReplyDelete